Simon’s Town

Simon’s Town was originally named Simon’s Vlek after Simon van der Stel, the Dutch governor of the Cape Colony between 1677 and 1699, who surveyed the bay east of Cape Town in 1687. Since then it was a safe winter harbour during the months of May to September for which it was finally proclaimed in 1741. The town grew and became a Royal Naval base.

Simon’s Town offers a wide variety of activities to any welcomed visitor.


Newsletter

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Popular Tags

This will be shown to users with no Flash or Javascript.